The April Fool prank that drowned


Pure dihydrogen monoxide is tasteless, but:

The DJs’ joke was totally immature—think grade-school level—and yet remarkably successful. They warned listeners that dihydrogen monoxide was coming out of the taps in the Fort Myers area. Of course, dihydrogen monoxide is water, but people were so freaked that Lee County Utilities had to make a statement saying that their water is safe to drink.

via Florida DJs Are Off the Hook for Their Successful April Fool’s Prank – Esther Zuckerman – The Atlantic Wire.

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “The April Fool prank that drowned

  1. I just like the valuable information you provide in your articles.
    I’ll bookmark your blog and take a look at once more here frequently. I’m rather sure I will be informed many new stuff right right here!

    Best of luck for the next!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s