Kind of like the Chinese whisper phenomenon
Includes some gems of laws:
Weinberg’s Law of Metrics: “That which gets measured gets fudged.”
The Metric Law of 90s: “The first 90 percent of a development project takes 90 percent of the schedule. The remaining 10 percent of the project takes the other 90 percent of the schedule.”
The Metric Law of Least Resistance: “The more human effort required to calculate a metric, the less often (and less accurately) it will be calculated, until it is abandoned or ignored altogether.”
Bruce F. Webster's personal experience on how well a Cravath system could work, & some possible pitfalls on the road to implementing such a system.
Pretty radical thoughts based on the Cravath System: "Bring lots of new employees in, team them up with mentors, provide real work to do, and give them a choice: either get lots of great experience and get out, or work hard for a higher-up position."