Finally watched the movie, and here are the customary thoughts:
– Too bad the director and editors didn’t trim the movie length. They should’ve made it closer to Milkha’s 400m dash rather than a marathon.
– Farhan Akhtar has sure put in some effort, and awards are guaranteed for his performance.
– A couple of anachronisms that I noticed – the modern ceiling fan in the opening scene with Nehru and the Ambassador with a plastic bumper in the Indian contingent that goes to Pakistan.
– They had to put in the “Are you relaxing?” joke into the movie.
– The world record breaking effort is sort of ambiguous as the record was apparently bettered before he got 45.8s.
– Nice songs to round off the commercial flavour.
– Last but not the least, who cares if we didn’t get an Olympic medal as long as we managed to defeat a Pakistani. That formula has served the Indian cricket team quite well in the World Cups after all.
Post by Mohanish Chopra:
21 cricketing relics that will make you feel old
Very disturbing if true, and this is one slippery slope for sure.
Gotta love the education system.
There is a method to the in-game purchase price structuring.
If you were as annoyed by the ads introduced in the bit torrent client uTorrent, check out this simple how to and make it ad free as before. All you need to do is toggle a few of the advanced settings in the preferences.